About us – Bredbåndsfylket

Over 10 years we help companies reach their financial and branding goals. Engitech is a values-driven technology agency dedicated.



411 University St, Seattle, USA


+1 -800-456-478-23


Broadband - First and Foremost

Bredbåndsfylket AS started as a project in Troms County Municipality in 2003, trying to create a high-speed data network in the county to cover the need within the public sector. Commercial actors at the time had little interest in building such networks because it was not considered profitable.

In November 2003 a joint stock company was established, and construction of the network began with the municipalities and Troms County Municipality as owners.

Today, Troms and Finnmark county municipalities own 80%, and the municipalities the remaining 20%.

// Bredbåndsfylket

What does Bredbåndsfylket do?

Bredbåndsfylket AS owns and manages 1500 km of fiber that serves as the main artery for data traffic to and between the municipalities in old Troms, the county municipality, and parts of Finnmark. On top of the physical infrastructure, we operate a logical service network that organizes numerous networks that connects public services in the region. Our service portfolio also includes the management of WiFi, LAN, IoT, and firewalls.